Washington County Landfill Hours:
- The Landfill is open Monday thru Friday from 7:00am to 3:55pm (Cutoff time for any truck/trailer 1 ton or larger is 3:00pm)
- The landfill is also open the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month from 7:00am to 1:55pm. (Cutoff time for any truck/trailer 1 ton or larger is 1:00pm)
- The landfill is closed on Sundays and the following Holidays: New Years’, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Thurs & Friday, & Christmas.
Washington County Landfill Information:
The Landfill does not accept Trash from outside of Washington County. There will be a $100.00 per ton fine imposed on depositors of Out of County Trash.
Appliances (drop off near landfill entrance across from the Recycling Center). NOTE: TV’S, Dishwashers, and Microwaves go into the landfill.
Wet-Cell Batteries (see designated place for wet-cell batteries)
Deposit Organic Material (trees, stumps, yard/landscaping waste, grass, brush, limbs, and branches) at facility located through the landfill entrance, All Loads will be inspected. No lumber, pallets, etc. are to be placed in the organic site.
Heavy Steel (cast iron tubs, engines, etc.) Drop off at area near recycling center building
Wet Paint is NOT Acceptable (let the paint dry out and then it is acceptable)
Asbestos is NOT accepted
*Tires NONE ACCEPTED FREE! (see designated bin for tires)
Tire disposal shall be at the following rates:
a. Passenger Tires 18" or less: Three Dollars ($3.00) per tire off rim Four Dollars ($4.00) per passenger tire 18" or less, on rim
b. Non-passenger/Large Tires: Seven Dollars ($7.00) per tire over 18" and other tires from vehicles not considered passenger vehicles
c. Tractor/Ag Tires: Sixteen Dollars ($16.00) per tire
Please Note: The Washington County Solid Waste no longer accepts used motor oil.
Washington County Indiana Landfill Charges:
$18.50 per ton for commercial haulers and for residential demolition material. Minimum charge of $10.00 per load for all loads containing demolition material. All loads are inspected.
DEMOLITION MATERIAL: ANYTHING THAT IS TORN OR RIPPED OUT SUCH AS CARPET, PADDING, TILE FLOORS, DRY WALL, CEILING TILES, WINDOWS, DOORS, KITCHEN CABINETS, SHINGLES, SIDING, RUBBLE, FENCING, INSULATION, ETC.
Washington County Indiana Organic Facility:
The Organic Facility only accepts “vegetative matter” – Any yard waste or landscaping waste, including leaves, grass, brush, limbs, and branches. Lumber, pallets, etc. are NOT accepted at the organic site. The Organic Facility has the same hours as the landfill. You must enter through the landfill.
Washington County Indiana Recycling Locations:
- Little York - Located @ Fire Station
- Pekin - Located @ the Old Pekin Garage
- Campbellsburg - Located across from the Town Hall
- *Salem - Joseph Street next to Animal Shelter
- Washington County Landfill Recycling Center - Located at the entrance to landfill.
*The Washington Co. Solid Waste Mgt. District is now collecting Plastics at the drop-off site in Salem in a BLUE recycling trailer.
Washington County Indiana Recycling Items:
- PAPER - All newspapers, magazines, catalogs, used books, telephone books, newspaper inserts, white paper, and any other clean paper.
- CARDBOARD - Corrugated, lightweight, cereal and other boxes, grocery sacks, and feed sacks. All size boxes must be broken down into a manageable size.
- GLASS - All colors of glass, food and beverage containers must be rinsed out. Do not break up glass.
- TIN - Cans, pie pans, and other misc. metals can be placed in the tin bin. Food cans must be rinsed out. Aerosol cans cannot be recycled and must be put with the garbage.
- ALUMINUM - Beverage cans and aluminum foil.
- WET CELL BATTERIES - These can be recycled curbside and recycling center only. Don’t set out cracked batteries as the acid might leak out.
- PLASTICS - Plastic material (#1-#7) can be recycled at the Salem drop-off site in the BLUE recycling trailer.
SB131 2015 - Click to Download (PDF)
Wheels For WishesWheels For Wishes is a car donation program benefiting Make-A-Wish® Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. We are proud to offer an easy way to recycle or donate unwanted cars, trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, RVs, or even boats, by turning them into a wish for a local child.
Website : http://ohkyin.wheelsforwishes.org/