The Office of Treasurer is a Constitutional Office with the Treasurer acting as the custodian of all money belonging to the county. Under Indiana Code 5-13-7-6, the Local Board of Finance, which includes the County Board of Commissioners and the County Treasurer, reviews overall investment policy of the county.
Treasurer's Responsibilities Include:
- Custodian of all money belonging to the county.
- The Treasurer shall receive all money coming to the county, and disburse the same on the proper orders issued and attested by the county auditor.
- Monthly balance and prove all records at close of proceeding month.
- Monthly prepare monthly financial statement. File 3 copies of financial report: copy each for Treasurer, Auditor, and State Board of Accounts.
- Monthly reconcile with statement prepared by county auditor.
- Monthly check depository statements and prepare reconcilement with each depository.(Depository is a Bank or Financial Institutuion).
- Advance of Taxes to other units of government within county (i.e. schools, library, townships).
Investment of monies:
Certificate of Deposit
Federal Discount Note
Repurchase agreement with bank
Money Market Mutual Funds
Record of Tax Duplicates of:
Real Estate Tax Statement
Conservancy Tax Statement
License Excise Tax Receipt
Personal Property Tax Statement
Personal Property Tax Judgment
Warrant Receipt Registers
Surplus Tax Fund
Government Employee Listing
Collection of taxes:
These taxes are collected two (2) times a year, with the deadlines being May 10th and November 10th.
017 Little York
301 Delaney Creek
302 Elk Creek
303 Muddy Fork
304 Twin Rush
Additional Records and Collections of Monies:
Additional Services Include:
Alcohol Beverage Permits
Mobile Home Moving & Title Transfer Permits
Washington County Treasurer
99 Public Square, Suite #101
Salem, IN 47167
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:00pm
Property Assessment Cards Online