WASHINGTON COUNTY'S PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING AN ADDRESS IS:
- Contact Washington County Highway, 812-883-3538 for Approval, if you are putting in new driveway on County Rd
- *If you have an Existing Driveway the above does not apply
- *If new driveway is on a State Road you will need to contact the Indiana Department of Transportation, for a Driveway Permit
- *If new driveway is on a Private Road you will need to contact the Washington County 911 Addressing Office, 812-883-4962
- Contact Heath Dept 812-883-5603 Ext 2004 (Chris Boling) for Septic Permit Approval
- If you have an Existing Septic you will still need to contact Health Dept for an Existing Wavier or Permit
- Contact Building Dept 812-883-0139 (Travis Elliott) for Building Permit Approval
- *If you are in the Salem City Building Annex, approx 2mi Radius, you will need to contact Salem City Building Dept, 812-883-5060
REQUESTING AN ADDRESS FOR RVS AND CAMPERS:
You must have approval from the Health Dept before a permanent address can be issued to site locations.
Any temporary structure, mobile unit, camper or RV, including accessory structures, being used for human habitation for living, sleeping, cooking, or eating purposes, or any combination thereof must obtain an approved septic permit or waiver from the Washington County Health Department before an address is assigned.
Exception: Approval by the Washington County Health Department may be subject to review
by the Washington County Addressing Office before obtaining address
After getting Driveway Approval (If needed), Septic Approval, and Building Approval you will be issued an Address.
Washington County 911/
600 Anson Street
Salem, IN 47167
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:00pm