Text Size

How to apply for support

Enrollment  is automatic for any person who receives assistance under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). If you currently receive TANF and have not been contacted by the Child Support Division you must contact us as soon as possible to ensure continued receipt of your benefits.

All others who are eligible and need assistance with child support must complete an Enrollment Form. The PDF fillable application is provided below, but you may also pick up a copy at the Child Support Division.  There is NO FEE to apply.  

Enrollment Formsmay be submitted in the following ways:

  1. In person at the Child Support Division located at 806 Martinsburg Rd., Suite 202, Salem, Indiana 47167, during regular business hours Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.  
  2. By fax to (812) 883-3983 ATTN: Child Support
  3. By email to childsupport@washingtoncounty.in.gov

It is recommended that you provide the following information in addition to your Enrollment Form if it is available to you:

  1. A copy of any Paternity Affidavit;
  2. A copy of any previous support order or Divorce Decree (if applicable);
  3. Income information (if seeking support establishment or modification) such as check stubs, W-2 forms and tax returns;
  4. Daycare expenses (if seeking support establishment or modification).

Enrollment Form