Child Support Overview
Access Indiana's Child Support Services
The county prosecutors, in partnership with the Indiana Department of Child services' Child Support Bureau, provide affordable child support services through the Title IV-D Child Support Program. Helping parents and guardians ensure children are cared for through child support is our mission.
Title IV-D services include:
• Establishing paternity
• Establishing orders for child support and medical support
• Locating parents
• Monitoring and enforcing child support and medical support orders.
Services do not include divorce filings, custody, parenting time or college expense orders.
Prosecutors' Doors are Open to All Families for Affordable Child Support Services
• Parents and guardians in need of child support services are eligible for services regardless of income level.
• The full range of prosecutor-provided child support services is available to parents and guardians for a one-time fee of $25.
• If your children are receiving Medicaid benefits, child support services are free of charge.
Applying for child support services is easy. To sign up for child support services you may contact or visit the Washington County Prosecutor's child support office to request a Title IV-D application, or you can download an Application for Title IV-D Child Support Services at http://www.in.gov/dcs/2936.htm.
Contact information for every county prosecutor's child support office is available at http://www.in.gov/dcs/3215.htm.
Additionally, the KIDSLINE is a statewide customer service center available at (800) 840-8757 or (317) 233-5437.
The Child Support Bureau KIDSLINE provides general child support information, payment information, change of address service, and account information. Customer Services Resentatives are available Monday-Friday from 7:00am to 6:00pm, except for state holidays. Automated phone service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.